Search This Blog

9 September 2013

Game of Thrones: A Critique of Critiques

Will contain spoilers sweetie!

Let's get one thing out of the way. Game of Thrones / A Song of Ice and Fire is violent. It is violent towards everyone. Rape is accepted a very likely possibility for the women if they are captured, and torture and mutilation is that way for the men.

These posts will in no way deny the levels of violence in GoT / ASOIAF. What it will do, however, is talk about some of the criticisms that I disagree with and complain a little on my own.

Now, the reason I watch/read GoT/ASOIAF isn't because of any liking for violence. Violence alone has never drawn my attention to a show or book - hence my aversion to the "slasher genre" and Jurassic Park 2. I like GoT/ASOIAF because of the politics, the intrigue, and the character development. Especially the intrigue. So, this post will be somewhat biased towards intrigue to be honest but let's get to it. Starting with what is probably the most violent incident in the series.

At this moment i may do around three, but I may add to it.

But yeah, I will be talking about Game of Thrones. And there will be spoilers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw in your two cents. I certainly have mine!