Search This Blog

24 October 2011

It's Late

No, I'm on time but this is a reference to a very common occurance in my house and I'm sure others.

A small observation... as well as a bit of a rant. I'm still researching for my first proper and real post.

Now, sometimes I suffer from migraine headaches – these will knock me out for hours, often causing me to sleep through my alarms. But one thing happens without fail - I will awake to the sound of my mother going "GET UP! IT'S LATE!" Now, "late" varies between 10:30 and 11:30 but my question is that if she's been up since a reasonable time why does she always wait til it's "late" to bother waking me?

I mean, logic would dictate that when the reasonable time for awakening occurs it would be a good idea to wake someone up. I mean when I get up early, I don't wait til 11am to go and wake people up - depending on sleeping in plans I wake them at 8 or 9 and then remind them every half hour.

So basically - why not try to wake a person when you actually want them to wake up rather than much later? Or is there some strange joy attained from yelling at someone?

Anyway, since I don't think all parents are some sort of sadist or that they lose track of time that often it's just something odd I've observed.

Hopefully the research for a proper non-rant will be completed by next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw in your two cents. I certainly have mine!